We are currently seeking applicants for the following position:
St Peder’s Lutheran Church (ELCA) seeks an Organist/Accompanist to assist with leading our 9:00am Sunday worship services and Thursday evening choir rehearsals.
About St Peder’s
If there were a dictionary description of St Peder’s, it would most likely start with “The happy Danes.” We were founded in 1884 with strong roots in the Grundtvigian tradition, and we honor that tradition today with long-time activities that celebrate our heritage, such as gathering for a breakfast of Danish pancakes (Aebleskiver Sunday) or singing around the Christmas tree in December. The St Peder’s congregation has a reputation for being a “singing congregation” and we take that reputation very seriously! In 1999, St Peder’s chose to become a Reconciling in Christ (RIC) congregation, and adopted its current mission statement: “Rooted in our heritage, and embracing the future, we joyfully live the gospel with open hearts, open hands and open doors.” We welcome, with no exception, all people to the full life of this community of faith.
You can find out more about St Peder’s at our website: http://www.stpeders.org/
This is a part-time position that will function as a part of a team of musicians, our pastor, and the lay people who are responsible for St Peder’s music program. Along with leading our weekly 9:00am worship services, the Organist/Accompanist will accompany the St Peder’s Choir. The adult choir rehearses on Thursday evenings during the academic year, and sings during the academic year at the Sunday service. The choir also sings at selected other special services. The choir does not rehearse or sing during worship in June, July and August.
- Play organ/piano for all regularly scheduled Sunday services, Wednesday services, and special services.
- Participate in seasonal worship planning.
- Assist pastor in hymn selection.
- Accompany the St Peder’s Choir rehearsals.
- Provide music as requested for occasional events and services, including weddings and funerals, or assist with arrangements for a substitute.
- Oversee organ and piano maintenance, in consultation with pastor.
- Schedule and prepare vocalists and instrumentalists for special music.
- Provide meditation/prelude/postlude information to office coordinator in a timely fashion.
- Participate in regular supervisory check-ins.
- Other tasks as assigned.
For more information and to learn how to apply: